EAMES STORAGE UNIT BOOKCASE By Vitra
Aparador em laminado com portas de correr
In 1949, Charles and Ray Eames developed an innovative system of freestanding, multifunctional shelves and desks. Similar to the simultaneously constructed Eames House, these designs adhered to the principles of industrial production: the Eames Storage Unit (ESU) and the Eames Desk Unit (EDU).
In collaboration with the Eames Office and Dutch designer Hella Jongerius, a carefully defined new colour scheme was chosen to give the ESU and EDU a fresh and contemporary look while still celebrating the spirit of the 1940s and ‚50s. The wider ESU Shelf is available in various heights, from a sideboard to a tall bookshelf. The ESU Bookcase is somewhat narrower; its four shelf levels correspond to the height of standard ring binders. Fitted with drawers and sliding doors, it provides ample storage space.
- Metal surfaces: black powder-coated finish.
- Shelves: maple plywood with birch face veneer, transparent lacquer finish.
- Panels: powder-coated aluminium.
- Legs: individual levelling adjustment.
- Sliding doors: moulded plywood lacquered