BROKEN MIRROR By Gufram
de poliuretano (PU)
Broken Mirror is a mirror born from the encounter between Gufram and New York Snarkitecture studio. The reflecting surface is surrounded by a frame of soft polyurethane – a direct reference to Gufram's material par excellence; this creates an alienating optical effect as if the room opened up on the outside world or another environment. The polyurethane framing the mirror is rough-hewn entirely by hand; for this reason each Broken Mirror piece is slightly different from another, and it is thus a unique item.
Mirror with frame in soft polyurethane hand finished with Guflac.
DID YOU KNOW
1. It's the first Gufram mirror.
2. It's a soft mirror.
3. The polyurethane frame creates an alienating optical effect and gives life to another dimension.
4. It is the first Snarkitecture project for an Italian company.
5. The concept of the "soft" wall inherits the imagination of Piero Gilardi and its soft porphyry.
6. It’s produced in three colours: Grey, Black and White.
7. The Black and White are limited editions of 77 pieces each.
The Iconical Collection presents those pieces that interpret and keep alive and throbbing the desecrating spirit of radical design. It's masterpieces of Italian design that have already gotten into the collective imagination, as well as new domestic sculptures that - language and identity-wise - show elective affinity with those products that are displayed in the most important museums in the world. These pieces of interior design - realised exclusively by hand - represent the magical encounter between art and design that is part of Gufram's DNA.