Banqueta / Escultura de poliuretano
de poliuretano (PU)
Gufram pulls back from the world of design. It declares it and turns the page – with a tombstone.
Since the time has come to call it quits because of the many mudslinger that have always condemned Gufram's anti-design soul, Maurizio Cattelan and Pierpalo Ferrari celebrate the funeral rites. Thus TOILETPAPER writes Gufram's epitaph, and, as an act of final resistance, creates a tombstone that can be used as a seat with a grotesque irony.
Seat of soft polyurethane, finished and decorated with Guflac.
DID YOU KNOW
1. It is the only existing soft tombstone.
2. It was on the cover of Maurizio Cattelan's biography.
3. It is part of the DESTE foundation collection.
4. It comes from a block of polyurethane, rough-hewn and cut by hand.
5. On the occasion of the brand's 50th birthday 500 pieces of "true/faux" Carrara marble with gold engravings were made.
6. It is sold in some of the most important museum shops in the world, like the MOMA in New York and the Pinault Foundation.
7. Each THE END is different form another.