HAL LOUNGE | Fabric armchair By Vitra
Fabric armchair with headrest
Buy a Hal Lounge chair and receive the Ottoman as a gift.
*Offer valid from November 1, 2022 to January 31, 2023. The Ottoman will have the same configuration as the HAL Lounge Chair.
The compact HAL Lounge Chair (2021) is Jasper Morrison's reinterpretation of the softly upholstered four-legged armchair with a high backrest.
Creations by Jasper Morrison are not characterised by a strikingly new or fashionable design, but instead represent the update and perfection of a familiar typology – as demonstrated with the HAL Lounge Chair, which is Morrison's reinterpretation of the upholstered four-legged armchair with a high backrest.
Despite its compact dimensions, the lounge chair is exceptionally comfortable. It comes with soft loose seat and neck cushions or, if preferred, with an integrated seat cushion.
Thanks to its understated aesthetic, the HAL Lounge Chair is extremely versatile, suited to use at home or in public spaces, and can stand either alone, in pairs or in groups. However, a reductive design is not synonymous with bland neutrality: Jasper Morrison's products bear his unmistakeable signature. In his hands, understatement results in creations that radiate a sense of calm, do not follow fashionable trends and therefore age well. The strength of the design becomes increasingly evident over time, when other more attention-grabbing contemporary pieces have long been forgotten.
- Chair/body: fibreglass-reinforced plastic shell made from post-industrial recycled ABS plastic, encased in moulded polyurethane foam.
- Neck cushion filling: ball fibres and siliconised fibres.
- Filling loose seat cushion: polyurethane foam.
- Base: natural oak or dark oak; connection between shell and base made of die-cast aluminium, powder-coated in dim grey.
- Seat heights: armchair with loose seat cushion 420 mm (320 mm with applied load, measured in accordance with EN 1335-1); armchair with integrated seat cushion 400 mm (320 mm with applied load, measured in accordance with EN 1335-1).
- Base: natural oak or dark oak, leg connection in fibreglass-reinforced plastic.
- Origin of wood: oak (Quercus robur) from Western Europe and/or Poland.
- Glides: plastic glides for carpet or felt glides for hard floors.
- Covers: removable.