AÏKU SOFT | Sled base chair
Sled base fabric chair
AÏKU comes from the Japanese word “haiku” and it means a short poem generally composed of three verses. Wonderful poems that in a few words express remarkable meanings; a simple poem, with no lexical frills and conjunctions, taking its strength from suggestions. Due to its incredible shortness, it requires a considerable synthesis of thought and image.
The meaning and the sound of this word reveal the project’s concept, to reconcile the paradoxes of uses and sensitiveness. AÏKU can be radical, but at the same time is a refined architecture designed for domestic environments, as well as offices and public spaces.
A collection of highly comfortable chairs featuring an essential image, designed for both home and contract spaces. Available in six versions of bases and a wide range of finishes.
Injection moulded polypropylene body, cold moulded padding shaped and applied on the load-bearing piece.
The cover is not removable and covers the armchair completely.
• Padded cushion made in polyurethane and polyester wadding with removable cover.
• Injection moulded under-seat for better stacking.
(*) Note: the AIKU SOFT version is not stackable unless the specific “stacking under-seat” is used.
This accessory can be applied on all bases of the range (excluding the wooden base) and allows for the weight of a maximum number of 4 chairs.
The AIKU SOFT version with padded cushion cannot be stacked.
Bases for padded shell
- 4-legged round-shaped base in steel tube, painted matt white, matt graphite grey or chrome-plated;
- sled base in steel wire, painted matt white, matt graphite grey or chrome-plated;
- sled base in steel wire with armrests, painted matt white, matt graphite grey or chrome-plated;
- sled base in steel wire with armrests and table, painted matt white, matt graphite grey or chrome-plated. HPL 10mm thick table arm available in matt white or matt black;
- 4-legged tapered base with injection-moulded tube in rectangular section, painted matt white, matt graphite grey or bright black chrome, nickel chrome, gold and pink gold.
- 4-legged base in solid oak with a natural, bleached or brown finish.
Versions with 4-legged round-shaped base, sled bases and 4-legged tapered base are stackable. (*).