THE END By Gufram
Polyurethane stool / sculpture
Gufram pulls back from the world of design. It declares it and turns the page – with a tombstone.
Since the time has come to call it quits because of the many mudslinger that have always condemned Gufram's anti-design soul, Maurizio Cattelan and Pierpalo Ferrari celebrate the funeral rites. Thus TOILETPAPER writes Gufram's epitaph, and, as an act of final resistance, creates a tombstone that can be used as a seat with a grotesque irony.
Seat of soft polyurethane, finished and decorated with Guflac.
DID YOU KNOW
1. It is the only existing soft tombstone.
2. It was on the cover of Maurizio Cattelan's biography.
3. It is part of the DESTE foundation collection.
4. It comes from a block of polyurethane, rough-hewn and cut by hand.
5. On the occasion of the brand's 50th birthday 500 pieces of "true/faux" Carrara marble with gold engravings were made.
6. It is sold in some of the most important museum shops in the world, like the MOMA in New York and the Pinault Foundation.
7. Each THE END is different form another.
The TOILETPAPER collection presents the reckless works imagined by the creative duo - the artist Maurizio Cattelan and the photographer Pierpaolo Ferrari. Called to collaborate with their pictures by The New York Times, Vogue and Le Monde and after having realized several setups in prestigious cultural institutions like the Beyeler Foundation and the Palays de Tokyo, Cattelan and Ferrari translate for Gufram their iconoclast aesthetics into Interior Design items and accessories that are produced in limited or special editions.