ATTICA By Gufram
Polyurethane easy chair
The chaise longue Capitello, the armchair Attica and the coffee table Attica TL are contemporary archaeological finds that can be left out in the weather thanks to a particular finish which is suited also to outdoor use. Or displayed in museums like the Louvre and the Metropolitan Museum in New York. The appearance of this monumental triptyque simulates the aspect of the marble of the Parthenon and is in contrast with the softness and lightness of polyurethane, which guarantees comfort and ergonomics.
Seats and table in soft polyurethane finished by hand with Guflac Ultra.
Suitable also for outdoor use.
DID YOU KNOW
1. They follow the dimensions and the shapes of the columns of the Erechteion in the Acropolis in Athens.
2. They are "light” archaeological finds: since they are made of polyurethane, they can be easily moved.
3. Gufram was able to transform the pentelic marble of the Acropolis into soft and comfortable furniture.
4. Like veritable Greek ruins they can be left outside, thanks to the particular Guflac Ultra finish that makes it possible to make polyurethane look like leather and makes it resistant to the weather.
5. Capitello is still being produced with the original mould from the Seventies.
6. Attica and Attica TL come from block of polyurethane entirely sculpted by hand, like the columns of the Erechteion.
7. One piece is at the Louvre in the Decorative Arts section, under the same roof with the Nike of Samothrace.
8. It is part of the permanent collection of the Metropolitan Museum di New York, the Centre Pompidou in Paris and the Denver Art Museum.
The Iconical Collection presents those pieces that interpret and keep alive and throbbing the desecrating spirit of radical design. It's masterpieces of Italian design that have already gotten into the collective imagination, as well as new domestic sculptures that - language and identity-wise - show elective affinity with those products that are displayed in the most important museums in the world. These pieces of interior design - realised exclusively by hand - represent the magical encounter between art and design that is part of Gufram's DNA.