DETECMA By Gufram
Fabric, Polyurethane (PU)
Its name, an acronym for design, Technique and Mathematics, identifies by itself some of the characteristics that make this seat unique. Detecma, designed by mathematician Tullio Regge, was the first decor item to be designed using an electronic calculator, and its shape stems from a parametric “open source” mathematical formula taken from the Dupin cyclide. The result is an organic and ergonomic shape made of soft polyurethane, a recliner that breaks free from the models of the category, and the gradient colours available return all the tones in the world.
Seat of soft polyurethane covered with cloth.
DID YOU KNOW
1. It was not designed by a designer, but by a mathematician: Tullio Regge.
2. The idea was born in the laboratories of the Princeton University in 1967.
3. It was the first object realized with the help of an electronic calculator.
4. Its name is an acronym for Design, Technique, and Mathematics.
5. The shape comes from a parametric open source equation.
6. Its heart is made of polyurethane and covered with elastic cloth.
Functional pop is the collection of products with the same Gufram ironic and irreverent spirit but has a stronger functional attitude. Functional pop items can be tailored by choice or on request in more colors and finishes according to different style needs. Their versatility and lightness allows you to have them coexist together in different locations with specific needs: from the interior decoration of a house to those of a hotel, to external spaces, without renouncing to Gufram's original touch.