MASSOLO By Gufram
Massolo is a block of "true-fake" porphyry that highlights the irony and love for the surreal that has always been one of the characteristics of Gufram's production. Each Massolo is a unique piece, handmade by rough-hewing a block of polyurethane on which 12 layers of dripping paint in 8 different colours are applied to obtain the colour and the shining desired. The label PORFIDO on the surface – also made by hand – amplifies its surrealism.
Tea table of soft polyurethane, finished and decorated by hand with Guflac.
DID YOU KNOW
1. It represents a block of shiny rock mined in the quarry.
2. It is the only porphyry block which is… soft, because it is with made with polyurethane.
3. Even if it is perfectly similar to rock, it weighs only 13 kilos and can be very easily moved around.
4. To make this rock effect, the block of polyurethane is entirely rough-hewn by hand.
5. Because of this each Massolo is a unique piece.
6. The shiny effect of the surface is obtained by dripping 12 layers of paint in 8 different colours.
7. It was designed by artist Piero Gilardi, a representative of Arte Povera.
8. One piece is kept the Schaudepot of the Vitra Campus.
The Iconical Collection presents those pieces that interpret and keep alive and throbbing the desecrating spirit of radical design. It's masterpieces of Italian design that have already gotten into the collective imagination, as well as new domestic sculptures that - language and identity-wise - show elective affinity with those products that are displayed in the most important museums in the world. These pieces of interior design - realised exclusively by hand - represent the magical encounter between art and design that is part of Gufram's DNA.