BLOW By Gufram
Fabric, Polyurethane (PU)
Blows recalls the reassuring and archetypal shapes of the air mattress of the seventies and decontextualizes one of the most classic and celebrated interior design types like the day-bed. Supported by four essential legs in stainless steel, the structure is made of polyurethane foam. For the upholstery Waterborn was used, an innovative cloth made thanks to modern technology that makes it possible to save 70% of the water and 35% of CO2.
Day-bed of soft polyurethane covered with cloth. Stainless steel legs.
DID YOU KNOW
1. It was inspired by the typical two-colour beach airbeds of the 1970's.
2. You don't need to inflate it. It is a veritable upholstered bed made of polyurethane.
3. It desecrates the traditional daybed celebrated by Van der Rohe and Le Corbusier.
4. The upholstery is produced by using 70% less water than with the traditional method.
5. The "inflated" effect is achieved by manually sewing the cloth covering.
6. It was on display at the Galleria Carla Sozzani within the exhibit "50 years of design against the tide".
Functional pop is the collection of products with the same Gufram ironic and irreverent spirit but has a stronger functional attitude. Functional pop items can be tailored by choice or on request in more colors and finishes according to different style needs. Their versatility and lightness allows you to have them coexist together in different locations with specific needs: from the interior decoration of a house to those of a hotel, to external spaces, without renouncing to Gufram's original touch.