ALCOVE HIGHBACK WORK
Upholstered high-back armchair
The 'room in a room' is a concept that Vitra has intensively pursued over many years in collaboration with the designers Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec. The idea of mobile micro-architectural elements has led to a wide variety of designs, among which the Alcove Sofa stands out as one of the most remarkable.
The various Alcove sofas were conceived for open-plan offices, where they provide sheltered, private spaces in busy or hectic surroundings. This makes them a perfect place to withdraw for concentrated work or small meetings.
The different models in the Alcove family can be variably combined, thus offering a diverse range of possibilities for organising open-plan offices without having to install fixed structures. This enables the creation of cohesive central areas in open office environments – Meet & Retreat zones with a unifi ed aesthetic.
The fundamental idea behind the Alcove product family - providing places of shelter and seclusion - also applies to Alcove Highback Work: it shields users both visually and acoustically from the surrounding environment, forming a space for withdrawal. With its integrated tablet desk, storage box and cable inlet, Alcove Highback Work offers a flexible and private workspace in the open-plan office for individual tasks requiring concentration.
- Structural frame: tubular steel, chrome-plated or powder-coated (smooth), metal frame with MDF panel.
- Body: high back and side panels form a visual and acoustic shield, integrated MDF boards for structural support, panel sections connected with zip fasteners.
- Seat and back cushions: polyurethane foam and polyester fibre. Work upholstery for work-oriented sitting, 480 mm (measured according to EN 1335-1 = 385 mm).
- Box: MDF carcass covered in polyurethane foam.
- Legs: tubular steel, chrome-plated or powder-coated (smooth).
- Tablet desk: two bonded MDF panels, covered in leather.