ALCOVE PLUME FAUTEUIL
Upholstered fabric sofa
The 'room in a room' is a concept that Vitra has intensively pursued over many years in collaboration with the designers Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec. The idea of mobile micro-architectural elements has led to a wide variety of designs, among which the Alcove Sofa stands out as one of the most remarkable.
The various Alcove sofas were conceived for open-plan offices, where they provide sheltered, private spaces in busy or hectic surroundings. This makes them a perfect place to withdraw for concentrated work or small meetings.
The different models in the Alcove family can be variably combined, thus offering a diverse range of possibilities for organising open-plan offices without having to install fixed structures. This enables the creation of cohesive central areas in open office environments – Meet & Retreat zones with a unifi ed aesthetic.
- Structural frame: powder-coated steel, no external tubular frame.
- Back and side panels: integrated MDF panels for structural support; panel elements connected by zip fasteners.
- Seat cushion: multilayer PU foam upholstery with Bonnell spring core. The seat cushions can be individually detached and the fabric seat covers are removable. Seat height 410 mm (measured according to EN 1335-1 = 310 mm).
- Back cushions: filled with PU foam and PE fleece.
- Legs: tubular steel, chrome-plated or powder-coated (smooth).